Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Learning To Use Credit Wisely

While we were driving back to Nashville, we listened to the “Dave Ramsey show”, which I haven’t done in a while. I think he does a tremendous amount of good, except if you follow him completely you will wind up without a credit score. He teaches folks to live without credit and I believe people should learn to manage credit.


He does that because there are a lot of people who will never manage it. They fall victim. So credit may be  similar to addiction to alcohol, gambling or tobacco. You just learn to use it, not abuse it.

He also talked about all the good people trying to talk to the major mortgage servicing companies about missed payments, late payments, short sale approvals and the like. He used their names which I will avoid. He points out that the person receiving the calls hates their job and for the most part doesn’t want to be there. That is probably why they aren’t there the next time you call. They found a better job and moved on, leaving you to talk to someone who could care less. He just says to keep trying, but lower your expectations. And if they tell you you have to be late or skip payments, don’t listen. You just hurt yourself more in the long run.

If you want someone to talk to, to find out if you have options, please give me a call at 615-777-4663 or send me an email at george.margrave@migonline.com, I am here to help in any way I can.

No comments: