Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Media Myths Explained

I want to address some of the myths that the media is promoting.


First and probably foremost, they want you to believe that someone has to have 20% down to buy a home. That is far from true. There are several ways (especially if you are a Veteran, a first time buyer or buying in a rural area) to actually buy with zero cash.  Just talk to me about it. Even if none of those situations fit you, an FHA loan requires only 3.5% down and that can be a gift.

They also want you to think you can buy with only the best credit score. That isn't true either. While the credit requirements are higher than they have been, we can often make a score of 620 to 640 work. Once again a little consulting from me can make the difference. Often we can tweak a couple of things and rescue a situation that won't work today and make it work in a couple of months.

What I do is figure out how to makes loans work for you. It is almost like hiring me as your lawyer. It is my job to represent my client and to get you the most desirable loan or I don't get paid. My number is 777-4663 (HOME) or  e-mail me at George.Margrave@MIGonline.com .

No comments: