Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving thoughts

As I write this I think back to Thanksgiving 2009. I along with many Americans and I suppose people all around the civilized world was afraid of the future. It was a time when it looked like a good possibility that the financial world would crumble. The markets were in free fall. Almost everyone who had saving and retirement plans had seen them tumble to only a fraction of what they had been previously. My personal income took a major hit. It seems that most of these problems had started with greed.

Now as I look back I can see that God took care of us. I really don't think it had much if anything to do with our Government. Fortunately most people have seen their investments grow back to more reasonable numbers although they are still probably worth less than they were. For many including myself, the dose of reality was very good. I am very thankful that my business has recovered and in fact it has been a very good year thanks to all my good friends and clients. Now there are many people still looking for work ( my brother being one of them). The road back for the unemployed is the most difficult. I think we can all help by watching out for job opportunities for our friends that need one. By the way Ande is looking for a sales position.

And we can help by spending a little money in the economy to grease the economic wheels. But I think we will all remain a little more frugal and are more likely to live within our means.

There are probably two reason my teams business has done well. The first is that we were well positioned to help First Time Buyers. And with the tax credit extension ( In fact move up buyers can benefit now) that should continue for a while. The other reason is the very low interest rates. If you know anyone who might benefit, please ask them to contact me. A consultation is free.

Thank You to all of my good customers and friends Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: